My Question: Does such a service currently exist, and if so, where on the web?
Details: I understand that I can pay a consultant to build and host such a system, but I am wanting something that is subsidized by "enterprises" paying $$$$$ for stuff and power users getting to piggy-back on the infrastructure for only $. A "non-commercial" option for us power geeks.
I'm looking for a service to securely store syslog-ish information.
I have a few home computers, a few hosted virtual servers, misc websites, etc. They all generate various warnings, alerts, info messages, etc. through various means. I also have accounts at free website monitoring services to alert me when a website goes down.
I can't trust my own skills to "guarantee" that my own sites are secure, so I want to use somebody else's professionally secured web service to keep my messages. I want to store warning messages, alerts, audit trails, etc. Something SNMP-ish. Something syslog-ish.
- encrypted connection required
- a write-only PKI cert for my machines to push data
- a separate read-only PKI cert for me to view/retrieve data.
- data cannot be deleted in real-time (harder for hackers to erase their tracks)
- data can only be deleted via a more secure human-in-the-loop method (again to make it more difficult for hackers)
- option for encrypted backups to optical media automated and shipped to my home at chosen intervals.
- "virtually unlimited" storage for my messages.
- open API that leverages/wraps ssl tunneled SNMP, syslog, etc.
Basically I don't trust my own skills and want to pay somebody else to "insure" that I can have logs and audit trails, etc. even after a complete physical disaster or comprehensive hacking of all my systems.