I am setting up a virtual machine with Windows Server 2008 that utilizes Hyper-V. I am trying to set up FTP access to the machine, but I cannot connect to the FTP server from my local machine. I can ping it and access the web server portion.
This is what I have done so far:
- I installed the latest FTP publishing service
- Set up a new user named 'ftp'
- Added a new FTP site from within my IIS manager
- Specified my server's IP address (192.168.1.97), allowed SSL
- Set it up with basic authentication for my user 'ftp'
I also tried adding anonymous access, but I still get this error from FileZilla:
Status: Connecting to 192.168.1.97:21...
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Waiting to retry...
Does anyone have experience setting up an FTP server on windows server 2008? Thanks!