I am new to Linux and I am trying to create a cheat-sheet to help me remember common bash commands. If you know any of the commands for the tasks below, please post them. I appreciate it!
- the hostname of the system you are on?
- the type and version of the operating system the machine machine is running?
- the full path to your home directory?
- which other users are logged into the machine you are using?
- the last five commands executed by anyone from /usr/bin?
- how many words there are in the spell check dictionary (/usr/dict/words)?
- what groups you belong to?
- what files (excluding directories) are located in your home directory and all its subdirectories?
- what man pages have references to 'bash'?