I've just bought four servers, rented a quarter of server bay, bought some Internet connectivity, bought a specialized line to a private network I'm using, and now I need to buy a router (or two?) to plug everything together.
While finding and comparing server hardware and hosting facilities has been quite easy, I've not been able to find a reliable source of information regarding network equipment. I've also got the feeling that there's no real alternative to Cisco in the corporate world, which makes comparing offers tougher.
Where can I look? What network hardware is used in a typical server room?
What network equipment should I buy in my specific situation?
- 4 servers, all with dual gigabit network cards
- 2 incoming internet connections (gigabit)
- 2 incoming connections to a private communication network
- traffic is expected to be low, redundancy requirements are high.
- [Edit:] 16 public IP Addresses