I already asked this question in SO, but since I couldn't find exaclty what I was looking for (and based on Workshop Alex suggestion in the answer) I decide to ask here.
Here in our company we usually make avaiable some files to our costumers and partners. There's an administrative interface where we upload a file (an ISO, a pdf manual, etc), referencing it to a Product in the company. Then, we set permissions to that file to the users that would "see" that file.
When the user logins to the system, he sees a listing of Products and files he has access.
We already have a small php utility that has this functionality, but it's old, difficult to maintain and full of problems. We don't see fixing it as an option: we would create one from scratch a or use an already robust solution. What I'm looking for is an open source solution that could achieve what I described instead of rewriting it. Other features I would like implemented:
- Written in php (preferred, but other scripting languages are welcome)
- Capability of users and groups of users, with login and password;
- Upload and delete files in filesystem from the web based interface;
- Set permission in uploaded files or in group of files based in users or group of users;
- Listing of files;
- Relatively easy to adapt templates.