I'm trying to rapidSSL certificate for a IIS hosted website - something is going horribly wrong.
I've tried to reissue twice now - the process I'm going through is this:
- Using the IIS wizard, Create new Certifiacte
- Generate local CSR
- Copy paste the CSR into the RapidSSL reissue window
- RapidSSL sends me a new Cert
- I create a txt file and paste the contents
- I attempt to complete the pending request and provide the response.txt file.
I get the error:
"The pending certificate request for this response file was not found. This request may be canceled. You cannot install selected response certificate using this Wizard."
I've ensured that the hostname on the CSR request matches the hostname entered in the RapidSSL renewal form.
I've checked that there aren't any extra whitespace characters in the reponse.cer file, and ensured that the certificate header and footers are copied correctly.
I'm really struggling.