We run a simple Windows 2000 server that hosts some of our shared files across the office. On my laptop I have run Windows 7 Build 7057 for the past time with no issues whatsoever.
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 RC1 and find that I can no longer connect to network shares on the Windows 2000 server. Doing so (supplying the right credentials) results in the following error:
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password
- We do not run a domain server
- The network share works on every other system
- My Windows Firewall is disabled
- I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 7 RC 1
- Things worked fine using build 7057
- Credentials are 100% fine
- Connecting to another desktop's shared folders (without a password) works fine
- Connecting via
net useresults in a system error 1326
- I have already tried to supply the username in the form of
Is there something else I am overlooking? Any help is greatly appreciated.