My company has a VPS with a webhost that serves a few websites. I would like to set up an automated backup that will cover as much of the system as possible.
- VPS is running in Microsoft Virtual Server Enterprise Edition
- Windows Server 2003 Web Edition (32 bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express
- Individual website web root folders
- Databases for each site (if needed)
- IIS settings
- Other misc. files (not OS or website-related)
Preferably, I would be able to set up a backup scenario for each website that would include the site files and databases for that site and one backup scenario for the server-wide info. However, one global backup would be OK.
The preferred destination for the backups would be an FTP server.
I am currently doing most of this manually (exception of the IIS settings).