So our current backup system has stopped working. We had 4 harddrives on rotate, each taking 2 days and sunday being skipped. Each backup doing a FULL backup. I did NOT design this! All 4 harddrives are not working suddenly. I am investigating it sigh
Anyway, I would like to use the opportunity to set up a proper system.
I have some specific requests:
- Has to be able to handle harddrive failure (so some duplication, raid or similar).
- I will go to work tomorrow and find out which inputs, besides USB, it can take.
- It has to support encryption (disk encryption?), a strong one would be great (in fear of theft).
- It has to do good incremental backups.
- Some inbuildt support for exchange server 2003 would be greatly appreciated.
- If it can support some kind of rotation, it would be great.
So far, each month, the chief take a harddrive, which has a backup of everything,and takes it home to his vault. After a months, he would take it back, put it back into rotation and then take a different one home. Etc. This prevent complete dataloss if there is a major fire, theft or similar.
If it could this, as a hot-swap(I was thinking of a raid5 + a drive doing a duplicate), it would be great.
Can anyone help me out? My company is able to pay both for hardware solution plus a seperate software solution that uses the hardware.