The list of must-have requirements:
- be able to serve static HTML pages and files (images, compressed archives, ASCII text files etc) over HTTP.
- be Resource conservative. It uses what's needed to send data over the network in form of memory and CPU, and not much more.
- have a small install footprint.
- use only as much network bandwith as is necessary.
- be mature.
- be easy to configure.
- be compiled into native code. No Python or Java etc.
What I don't need:
- Complex configuration options. If needed later on, I'll switch to Apache httpd.
- Support for running CGI, Perl, PHP, Java, Server Side Includes or other "extras".
Any suggestions please?