Tried to configure my Exchange 2003 IMAP4 Virtual Server to accept SSL (993) connections (installed on Windows 2003 Standard R2 server).
I can send/receive using the normal IMAP (143) port. While trying to connect my Outlook 2007 client, it throws an error: "Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed...: connect to server failed.."
Maybe I didn't configure my Exchange server in the right way...
I assume that the problem is related to the Ceriticates Service. Following are the steps have been taken to configure the IMAP/SSL service:
- Install Certificate Service using the Add/Remove Windows Components in Control Panel.
- While installing the Certificate Service, I created a new certificate (used the default parameters)
- Exchanged System Manager --> Created a Default IMAP4 Virtual Server --> Opened the Properties of this Virtual Server --> Clicked the "Access" tab
- Clicked "Authentication" button and checked all 3 check-boxes: "Basic Authentication..", "Requires SSL/TLS..." and "Simple Authentication..." --> clicked OK to save
- Clicked the "Certificate" button --> "Assign an existing certificate"--> and chose the Certificate name that I have just created while installing the service.
- Clicked the "Communication" button and checked the "Requires Secure..."
Clicked OK and saved all changes. Restarted the IMAP service. Restarted the Outlook. The error appeared. By the way, I have another certificate created by my MCAffee server, if I choose this certificate, I can connect to the IMAP via SSL using Outlook, but Outlook popup a warning that certificate cannot being verified.
Please let me know if you have any idea how to solve this?