I want to host five websites on one VPS I just bought.
- a PHP site called domain.com
- a django site called beta.domain.com
- phpmyadmin which will be domain.com/phpmyadmin
- phppgadmin, which will be beta.domain.com/phppgadmin
- and another django site called domain2.com
All the django sites will be running with mod_wsgi in apache, and all the PHP sites will be running in nginx with fastcgi.
I'm a developer, not a sysadmin, so I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to do this. The reason I'm running my PHP from nginx is because I don't want to install mod_php, which allows me to use the worker MPM in apache.
Currently I have nginx running off of port 8080, and apache running off of port 80. When I go to domain.com it brings up the django site. When I go to domain.com:8080, it brings up the PHP site.
Like I said before, I'm not a server person so this stuff is making my head spin. Is there any way to access stuff from nginx without specifying the port number in the URL?