I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent server running with a C: drive and dynamic disk raid 1 Z: drive. The Z: drive mirrors two identical 1TB drives (same manufacturer, model number, and size - HDS721010KLA330). Amongst other things, the Z: drive holds the home directories. The 1TB drives have been installed a year ago.
Lately I've been starting to get very slow logins and when looking at the management console I noticed a few things:
- The dynamic Z: drive is resynching
- Only one of the disks of the dynamic drive is showing errors (a small yellow warning sign and "(Errors)" next to the drive status
- Even when the resynch is done, Disk 1 is still showing errors. And I don't know why but resynching is triggered again (haven't tested when)
You can see a screen capture of my disk management here: http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4301/diskmanagement.jpg
So my questions are:
- Is there a way to get more details about the errors that Windows is reporting?
- Is this a faulty drive or possibly some other issue?
- What's the best way to solve this? I don't want to buy a new drive just to find out the troubles pop up again after a few months.
Thanks for the help!!