How do you do Load Testing and Capacity Planning for Web Sites
I have a server configuration for a VPS I am going to buy that need to serve at least 10 K visitors per day currently for my website www.dotnetfunda.com.
- OS: Windows Server 2008 Standard
- RAM: 1 GB
- HDD: 40 GB
- Bandwidth: 400 GB (my current bandwidth consumption is 150 GB).
I am not sure about following
- How much disk space will be left after installing OS and SQL Express?
- Is the above configuration enough for the current requirement.
- I have zeroed in to WEBECS or SoftSys after going through several hosting povides, which one is better or any other service provider better than them, any suggestions from anybody?