Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
Can you help me with my software licensing issue?

We have a new software project coming in and I need some advice for client licenses. (The people who are running the software are terribly hard to get answers out of).

The software runs on a Terminal Server with SQL Server as well - which we have already in our environment.

Then there are client machines that need: "Windows Terminal server client license" and "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 client license". What are these client licenses that are required?

Thanks for any help.

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Iain May 7 '12 at 5:58

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

up vote 3 down vote accepted

The client licenses are just what they sound like. They are licenses that entitle a user/computer to access the service (SQL or TS). For each seat that is directly accessing each service, you will need a CAL.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.