I am a newbie in the world of SVN 'administration' and process documentation for setting up the SVN repository for the first time. I have used SVN for quite a while now; not as an administrator though. This is what I have done so far for setting up the SVN repository for a project.
- Created three nodes /branch /trunk /tag under the head node.
- Gave required permissions to the developers/programmers and asked them to add and commit the files in /branch.
- Asked the QA team to checkout the files in a test server and certify the setup is working as per specs.
- After QA certified, I saw the latest revision number of /branch is at 80.
- I exported a copy of the /branch in a folder called /trunk in my local system.
- SVN added all the files in /trunk
- Committed all the files and folders from /my_trunk to /trunk (svn commit -m "initial import" ../my_trunk/*)
- The revision of /trunk files and folders now stands at 81 and all the commit message as "Initial import".
- Made /project_1.0, a sub-node inside /tag and copied all the files inside /project_1.0 from /trunk. Are the steps correct? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Apology for my long post.