Being completely new in the webhostingcorner I have a few questions on how to implement/setup a webserver for a SaaS application. I'm about to rent my own server for a new product (CMS) I'm launching in two months. Developing the system wasn't that much of wild ride to me, but a correct way to implement it, is.
So lets say this is my situation:
- I want to host 10 websites for 8 clients.
- There are 6 single sites, and two clients have two websites they can manage with my software.
- The CMS must be placed on the server too, all clients are connecting to 1 system
- The database must be placed
- Depending on the contract a client makes, the client gets some storage. How to measure the used storage over the DB, FileSystem and email
- Clients may not, in any case be able to somehow get outside their directory, but from the CMS directory the CMS must be able to create files and dirs in a clients directory (for templates, imagegalleries, widgets, etc, etc).
I was thinking about something like a dirstructure like this:
./CMS/ [all CMS files]
./Websites/*/ [all websites]
My hostingprovider will install updates to the os (CentOS, latest) and the admin panel (Direct Admin).
Is there anybody with experience on this topic? Or do you have some thoughts about it? please join the conversation since I'm completely new to this.