I have a RoR app that has worked fine for quite some time, but after a recent deployment, all of the IE users in the office have been presented with a IE username and password popup dialog when they navigate to the root URL. The dialog is titled "Connect to " and has the text "The server at Web Password requires a username and password."
Characteristics of the problem:
- Only IE is affected. Firefox/Safari/Chrome on both Windows and Mac are unaffected
- Only the root url is affected. When we append "/login", IE users see the login page as expected.
- Happens on both http and https protocols
- Happens both inside and outside of our network
Ideas? What would cause this?
Other info about the config:
- Apache 2.0
- No directives for this dir.