You can achieve this by doing the following.
- Open Registry
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft
- If you do not find Internet Explorer, create a new key called Internet Explorer and within that create Toolbars and within that Restrictions
- In Restrictions, createa new DWORD called NoAddressBar
- Right Click on the NoAddressBar and choose Modify
- Type 1 in the Value Data (It is preferred that you choose Decimal, although I have checked using HexaDecimal and it works perfectly fine)
- Close Registry.
As with all Registry related changes, here is the standard disclaimer. Please modify the Registry at your own risk. If you goof it up, well, you are on your own. Ain't that the usual disclaimer. Come, let us modify it.
As with all Registry related changes, here is the standard disclaimer. Please modify the Registry at your own risk, because unless we break something, we will never learn anything new. If you goof it up, please post it at SuperUser and we will be happy to resolve it.