We have the following requirements for three Ethernet switches that will be connected together:
- Allow the switches to connect together to form dynamic, arbitrary topologies, i.e., support for the RSTP is essential.
- Allow the physical topology (which ports are connected together) to be gleaned from the switches, e.g., using SNMP traps. This is optional, but would be very useful.
- At least 5 ports on each switch, but only 3 will be used for connecting the switches together.
- Be as compact as possible.
- Ideally be in stock, in the UK.
- Only 100Mb/s is required.
(This question is the result of the lack of RSTP support from 3Com NJ225 devices, as described in my previous question.)