Which Linux distributions have people successfully gotten working on an IBM JS20 Blade, which has the PowerPC 970 processor? Specifically, I'm interested in distributions other than RHEL and SLES. What gotchas need to be watched out for when installing a particular distribution of Linux on the JS20?
Non-Specific Distribution Information
- IBM's Linux on BladeCenter JS20
- IBM's eServer BladeCenter JS20 Whitepaper — "The JS20 blade supports all popular Linux distributions including Red Hat®, Inc., and SUSE LINUX."
- PenguinPPC Distributions List
PPCLinux— "This project is a repository of information on how to run GNU/Linux on PowerPC architectures." Link is now broken.
Ubuntu Specific Information
- Ubuntu PowerPC FAQ — "Ubuntu 6.10 was the last officially supported PowerPC version of Ubuntu."
- Ubuntu PowerPC Download
- Ubuntu 8.04 PowerPC Supported Hardware
For Apple Macintosh G3, G4, and G5 computers, including iBooks and PowerBooks as well as IBM OpenPower machines.
Debian Specific Information
- Debian on PowerPC —"We may have a 64bit port in the future." Looks like there is only a 32-bit version available currently.
Debian on JS20 blades— Link is now broken
- Installing Debian Etch on IBM JS20s