I have a situation where emails are sent out of Exchange 2003 using a email account by a Java API connecting to the SMTP server on the Exchange box.
- Is there a way I can have Exchange automatically tag these emails to have Read / Delivery Receipts based on a combination of Text in the body, subject, destination address?
- Could these rules be created as server side rules via an Outlook client and still be applied when a message is sent via the Java API?
- What specifies if a rule is client side or server side?
- Are Delivery Receipts created by the sending server or the receiving server? If the latter, how often are these enabled?
- Right now I am researching doing it on the Exchange server, but if was going to be done from the development side, how are requests for read or delivery receipts created, something in the header?