As we are writing our governance plan, I am not find many examples of SOPs for deleting a site.
We are a small operation and will want to review each delete manually, so what are the gotchas to consider before pulling the plug on a site?
My thoughts are:
- Ensure our criteria for deleting a site are met (business rules like site age, inactivity, lack of purpose, expiration date reach, etc)
- Contact the site owner and get a response in writing that we will delete their site
- Backup any data
- Confirm any groups created in the site aren't being use by another site (learned this the hard way)
- Check the site usage report (if inactivity is the issue)
- Confirm any alerts on the site are invalid
- Confirm no sub sites are available or needed.