Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 is the current version of the product previously known as ISA Server. TMG 2010 adds subscription-based URL filtering and malware protection, the free-subscription-based Microsoft IPS Network Inspection System, and HTTPS inspection.
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 is the last iteration of the product previously known as ISA Server, and as of 2016, has been discontinued from sale. The base product will be supported by Microsoft until 2020.
ISA Server 2006 was the last product to use the ISA Server name.
TMG 2010 added:
- subscription-based URL filtering (discontinued Jan 2016)
- subscription-based malware protection (discontinued Jan 2016)
- (free) subscription-based Network Inspection System (NIS), a Microsoft-centric IPS (no longer updated)
- outbound HTTPS inspection
- Forefront Protection for Exchange integrated management from the TMG console (Exchange Edge and FPE required, sold separately)
Other notable changes:
- The Enterprise Edition EMS (roughly analagous to the older CSS) can now manage standalone Standard Edition servers, which can make branch office deployments cheaper
- SP1 adds click-through user overrides for URL filtering
- SP1 adds a simple BranchCache setup interface
- SP1 Software Update 1 adds support for SafeSearch filtering