New answers tagged outlook-2010
We have this issue with Outlook 2013 and Roaming Profiles/folder redirection. The fix for us was to reset the Sync Centre database, like so; Open Regedit and go to the following key; HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\CSC\Parameters Create a DWORD called "FormatDatabase" and set the value to 1 to reset the Sync Centre DB on the next reboot.
It's the OST files... the locally cached copy of the emails and calendar events and such that Outlook downloads from the Exchange server. You want to disable cached mode and prevent Outlook from creating an OST file, though why you'd do this instead of just using OWA (Outlook Web App/"Exchange Webmail") is beyond me. Both settings are controllable by GPO ...
My coworkers and I are having the same problem when replying to encrypted emails. For emails originating from within our domain and published in the global address list, we can reply encrypted just fine. However, for associates outside our network who we've done manual key exchanges with, hitting reply or reply all results in Outlook unable to resolve ...
I had a client that was having the exact same issue.... OWA would show the body of the message but Outlook's message body was stripped out. With a little research and some googling skill I found and (successfully tested) that if you disable the Outlook AVG Add-in the problem goes away.
Just as a reference to anyone else who ever runs into this problem. I was unable to find the cause of the problem so after checking that really everything works I decided to simply deactivate auto discover as described by microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2612922 . This has removed all symptoms of the described problem.
There isn't any native Exchange feature that can do this as you're describing. I'm not aware of any third-party add-ons either, but it would be worth investigating. If this is a frequent thing, you might want to set up a third-party webmail interface that can more easily do this in the interface or via backend rules, and then make sure that its SMTP engine ...
Go into Outlook - File - Info - Account Settings - Double click the Exchange Account - More Settings - Security Tab - CHECK the Always Prompt for Logon Credentials - Close Outlook - enter username and password - click on Remember my Credentials - close Outlook and repeat - and don't forget to click on Remember my Credentials. Go back into More Settings - ...
For anyone with this problem that had appdata on Folder Redirection and then decided to take it off of Folder Redirection you will need to change: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders manually back to the C:\ or wherever you want the Appdata folder to be
Top 50 recent answers are included