RVM is a command-line tool which allows you to easily install, manage, and work with multiple ruby environments from interpreters to sets of gems.
Developed by Wayne E. Seguin, RVM is based on the idea that you can easily install, manage, and work with multiple Ruby environments from interpreters to sets of gems.
Some of the features are:
- Install multiple ruby interperters / versions
- Manage sets of gems
- Perform operations over installed interpreters / gemsets
- run commands against multiple ruby environments
- simple switching between Ruby environments
- isolation of Ruby environments on the same system, even the same log-in.
- written in Bash
- available on all #nix systems
Many other useful features.
You can find the RVM team (mpapis, wayneeseguin) on IRC, usually in #rvm on irc.freenode.net and you can find the source code at
This projects page and repository: