64-bit SPARC/x86 UNIX-based Operating System from Oracle.
Large differences from Solaris-10, including
- Software installed via Image Packaging System (IPS) instead of traditional "pkg"
- Many text-based configuration files are now (re-)generated when commands (eg: dladm & ipadm) are ran.
- UEFI Boot support (as of 11.1)
- No 32-bit CPUs supported (UltraSPARC II, III, IV & IA-32)
Topics For this tag should include (but not limited to);
- UEFI booting
- Commands with new options not supported in Solaris-10 (eg: dladm, zoneadm)
- Commands that only exist in Solaris-11 (eg: ipadm)