New answers tagged

0

@dilyin Thanks for the update. We updated ulimit value in startup script of PostgreSQL but still the issue was there. Finally we fixed the issue by reducing max_files_per_process to 200 from default 1000. This parameter is in postgresql.conf file and this sets the maximum number of simultaneously open files allowed to each server subprocess.


0

Ah... The known problem. Usually people start to edit "/etc/security/limits.conf" file, but forget that this file only apply to the actively logged in users through the pam system. If you start the database manually using the init script the database proces will inherit your modified limits, mut if the database is started at boot or started by somethis ...



Top 50 recent answers are included