|location||Silicon Valley, CA|
|visits||member for||1 year, 4 months|
|seen||Jul 18 '14 at 23:26|
To use MATLAB efficiently, remember the following: It's column-major (down then across)! Also, to use
bsxfun to it's potentially and with little effort, just know your singleton dimensions and permute (also remember that
bsxfun operates on multiple singleton dimensions).
Did I mention, never use
My favorite obscure and/or tricky MATLAB stuff:
- Super efficient N-D Cartesian product.
- Dynamic legend.
sprintfc: print into a cell array.
forloop expression (
for var = expr ...) can be a matrix, looping through columns.
- Set membership tests for sorted arrays:
ismembc2, and more.
- Where does
handlesstructure (and other GUI data tricks)?.
- Changing the order of line series colors (
ColorOrder), and the "best" colors.
- Apparently MathWorks did not expect anyone to actually overload curly braces (
accumarrayrocks, but you have to use it right.
- The default C MEX configuration uses ANSI C, which really stinks. Enable C99.
bsxfuncan replicate in multiple dimensions. (most don't know!)
kronto replicate either array elements or whole arrays.
- More moved to my website.
I'm a research scientist focused on medical image processing, machine learning, dimensionality reduction, and parallel computing. I ♥
2 Votes Cast
|all time||by type|