Reputation
48,590
Next tag badge:
99/100 score
31/20 answers
Badges
20 124 202
Impact
~3.2m people reached

Jan
25
comment Need a free DNS and DHCP Server that's easy to manage (Windows Server 2008)
If the op has never use *nix before, I don't know if bind is "easy to manage"
Jan
25
answered webbased employee work schedule
Jan
25
comment Scheduled Tasks w/ GUI issue
We had this problem a few years ago and we sent a very similar artical to our developer and he had it fixed in a matter of hours for us.
Jan
25
comment Dual Monitor support rdp 7 to win 7 on esxi
I thought the correct flag was mstsc /span? Anyway you might have better luck with this over at superuser.com
Jan
25
comment Dual Monitor support rdp 7 to win 7 on esxi
Since TS 6.0 client, yes
Jan
25
revised Dual Monitor support rdp 7 to win 7 on esxi
Formatted post and made more accurate tags (esxi is not really part of the question)
Jan
24
answered Merge Partitions Server 2003
Jan
24
revised SQL 2008 Replication
deleted 20 characters in body; edited title
Jan
24
revised Exchange 2007 Standard Edition
added 15 characters in body
Jan
22
comment Running a Windows service under a domain user account
@Dscoduc, because sometimes we want to disable a particular service account at an enterprise level
Jan
21
comment How many simualtaneous users can WRT54G handle?
He's a LONG way short of the number of votes on this question: stackoverflow.com/questions/1732348/…
Jan
21
answered Recover POST data from Apache logs?
Jan
21
answered Running a Windows service under a domain user account
Jan
20
comment Why did our raid array fail?
+1. if all the disks are the same age, it's very very possible they're all going to die at the same time. I remember once when I went to hang the washing on the line and EVERY SINGLE plastic peg that worked fine last time I was out there (3 days ago) snapped in my hand. They had just been out in the sun too long and cos they were all the same age they all failed at once.
Jan
20
comment customer wont provide ssh access - ftp only
@John, If I were a hardliner muslim I might find it offensive that others eat bacon, but that doesn't mean I should tell off everyone I see eating it. We're not here to judge others idea of morality. (PS for the record, I love bacon)
Jan
20
comment customer wont provide ssh access - ftp only
+1 for bigger bills, -1 for "find another job" (easier said than done), but +1 cos I like giving out votes
Jan
20
comment customer wont provide ssh access - ftp only
Hmm, customer does not always know best. Our customer who virtualised their MSSQL server is now wishing that they had listened to us when we told them it was a bad idea.
Jan
20
answered Can any iSCSI NAS appliance replicate / clone a LUN to an external drive?
Jan
20
comment What hardware and software specifications would you have for purchasing a data-archival system?
Eh, it was worth a shot.
Jan
20
comment Windows Server 2003 on components that have no driver support
90% of the time normally, the other 10% it's cos of a touchy installer, so I extract the files and update/install the driver through the device manager.