If I type
agavepv.com the site shows up as secure with the lock. However, if I type the address
www.agavepv.com it shows up as not secure. What is wrong with my settings?
- I have the agavepv.com domain registered on GoDaddy.com
- I am hosting my site on Heroku
- I have paid hobby dynos which allows me to use ACM for my SSL Certificates
- I change my DNS settings on GoDaddy and added a CNAME record, the host is
wwwand it points to
- I was on with Heroku support regarding my root domain and this is what I was told:
For your root domain agavepv.com you need to point to the DNS target damp-mayflower-pdp4pxd06oq94i5rojwp1rzy.herokudns.com using ALIAS/ANAME record. Although GoDaddy does not support ALIAS/ANAME so you may need to use URL redirects/forwarding for your root domain.
- My domain forwarding settings are as follows: Click to see GoDaddy Domain Forwarding Settings for agavepv.com domain
- My Heroku custom domains are setup like this.
- When I check my certs in the command line using
heroku certs:infoi see this.
- When I run
curl -vI https://www.agavepv.comI see this.
Currently, when I type in
agavepv.com into the browser, my site shows up as secure. However, if I type
www.agavepv.com the browser indicates the site is not secure. How do I change my settings so that all three scenarios indicate they are secure and show the lock?
Second, would it be worth it to pay for a domain transfer to another registrar that does allow for ALIAS/ANAME records?
I am very new to this subject so I apologize if what I am missing is very obvious! Someone please help, this has taken up so many hours!