I'm rehearsing a virtual machine bare metal restore.
Backups are taken daily and saved on a secure external server.
We are assuming a total disaster, so bad that no domain controller is available, so, I can't use
System Center Virtual Machine Manager just the 'default' Hyper-v manager.
The recovery I'm trying to do is as follows:
- Setup a new windows 2019 Server.
- Add a working Hyper-V role.
- Create a new virtual machine with the same original configuration.
- On the new VM connect valid Windows 2019 CD/DVD ISO image.
- Boot from the ISO image.
- Select repair.
- Do a System Image Recovery
- on Windows cannot find a system Image Backup, I press
Search for a System Image on the Network
- Connect to the network (grab a coffee)
And here, I tried different options: to use a unprotected share, with or without '$' names, using ip address, with username/password: nothing seems to work. Always the same answer:
An internal error occurred. The following information might help you resolve the error: The network path was not found. (0x800070035)