I've exhausted every bit of me to get Windows Authentication to work on the server and I cannot find any help on the internet. Windows authentication is working on my local PC, below is what I've done so far, kindly assist me understand if there's something I am missing or did wrong?
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (v6.2) with IIS (v8.5.9600)
Here's how my web.config looks like:
<system.web> <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" maxRequestLength="1048576" /> <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5" /> <authentication mode="Windows"/> <authorization> <deny users="?"/> <allow users="*"/> </authorization> </system.web>
And here's the authentication section in IIS:
- I've added the website as a Trusted Site (also as a Local Intranet) in Internet Explorer and that didn't help:
- Many threads (including this one here) advised I add 2 entries to the registry to:
- Set the DisableStrictNameChecking registry entry to 1
- and add my website url in: BackConnectionHostNames
I've done so as per below and still no luck, I've even gone as far as performing the above steps on both the server and my local PC as well:
- And I've mirrored everything else on there as is on my local PC. The server was restarted after doing the above 2 steps. The website is configured to use pass-through authentication in IIS and works fine on my local PC:
Is there something I am missing or not doing right? I've carried this problem into my New Year and I am so tired of it. Please anyone help me or point me in the right direction.