I am facing a very weird issue.
Everything works well for all the domains on server but one.
I added this domain some days ago and this is the situation:
1) If I run intodns.com/domain.com I get the correct domain NS records. And also correct NS records from your nameservers. All looks fine.
2) If I ping from my computer, it also works ok.
3) The AutoSSL certificates for this domain never leave the queue. They stay there indefinitely as Pending. I added another domain by the time I added this one, and that one worked ok. So AutoSSL is failing only for this one domain.
4) If I enter WHM > Terminal and run dig domain.com , I get SERVFAIL:
[root@server ~]# dig domain.com
; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-P2-RedHat-9.11.4-9.P2.el7 <<>> domain.com ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 54617 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION: ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;domain.com. IN A
;; Query time: 28 msec ;; SERVER: 220.127.116.11#53(18.104.22.168) ;; WHEN: Fri Apr 24 14:51:40 GMT 2020 ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 50
But if I run dig domain.com +trace, it works ok.
5) If enter WHM > Terminal and run host domain.com I get SERVFAIL error too:
Host domain.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
I've waited but nothing changed. I added this domain two days ago.
I've tried removing the domain from server, terminating the account, and add it back. No change. When I terminated the account, the AutoSSL queue got cleared, then when added it back, the entries were added again and they're still there.
I have the Google resolvers on this server, tried changing to OpenSSL, no difference.
I need to run a script on server which is failing because it cannot resolve the domain, so I cannot use the domain at all besides the fact that it doesn't get the SSL certificates.
It is odd that from my computer I can ping it ok, though.
What can be happenning here? Thanks for any help to get this fixed!
EDIT: By using Google Public DNS test I found out that the domain throws a DNSSEC error.
We're contacting registrar now asking them to remove DS records from parent zone. I will write once we've resolved this in case it helps someone in the future.