I have a problem with one specific folder while user profiles are synced at logon. Let me explain the situation:
- A user account (MYDOMAIN\accountname)
- Security group 'Access to WADUP_RW'
- A SMB share (\\my-smb\WADUP)
- A pc with Windows 10 pro installed (Up-to-date) and joined into MYDOMAIN
Permissions on the WADUP folder on \\my-smb:
- 'Access to WADUP_RW' has read and write access
- Domain Admins and Enterprise Admins groups have read and write access
Configuration for the user account:
- Profile path: \\my-smb\WADUP\accountname
The problem I'm having:
- Log in accountname on the pc.
- \\my-smb\WADUP\accountname folder is created. (Owner is accountname)
- Log out accountname on the pc.
- All data in user profile is being saved to the \\my-smb\WADUP\accountname
- So far so good
- Now I log in accountname on the pc again
- I get the error 'There was a problem with your roaming profile. You have been logged on with your previously saved local profile. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator.'
- I check the event log, which says that \\?\UNC\my-smb\WADUP\accountname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Installer can't be copied to \\?\C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Installer with DETAIL - Access is denied
I check the folder C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Installer permissions, which are:
- Everyone: Read
- System: Full control
- Administrators (PC\Administrators) Full control
What I've tried:
- Changed SMB server, made no difference.
- Manually changed the folder permissions to everyone: Read and write. Though the permissions reset whenever I logged out.
- All Pc's do it but they are the same windows version.