I do have to following RDS / RemoteApp setup:
- Windows Server 2019 hosting all RDS Roles (RD Web Access, RD Gateway, RD Licensing, RD Connection Broker and RD Session Host)
- Everything is configured and the access to remote apps via the RD Web Access website works well in general
Working with the published remote apps lags massively while accessing it with certain clients. Trying to move an application, typing some input, maximizing or minimizing it is really slow. We're talking about a multi-second lag which makes working with these apps impossible.
Findings / Remarks
- It only lags on a few clients (3 out of 20+)
- All clients are running Windows 10 and are always on the newest patch / feature level
- Accessing the RD Session Host Server via RDP / Remote Desktop works on all clients without any issue. Therefore, network latency cannot be the issue
- All published remote apps are affected
- One of the clients works seamlessly as soon as an external HDMI Monitor is detached
Steps I did trying to solve this issue
- Verified the patch level of the server and all affected clients => OK
- Updated all graphic and display drivers on the affected clients => did not help
It does look like an issue on the clients side, not on the servers side or am I wrong?
Any idea what I'm missing here?