I just wanted to ask to see if there is a way to connect to the sql server located on my server from my android application which will be installed onto other devices. Currently, this works for all devices which is connected to the same network as my server, however, when I for example use a hotspot or accesses the program from a public location it connection fails. Is it mandatory that I need to host my sql server on the cloud for this to work?
I have exhausted all of the resources(I think). I have tried:
- Allowing remote connection in SSMS.
- Enabling TCP/IP and setting the ipAll to port 1433.
- Adding an inbound rule in firewall for port 1433.
- Adding an inbound rule in firewall for the SQLEXPRESS.
- Enabling SQL Server Browser service.
If needed, please ask me for any additional information.
Also, is there a way to connect to MS SQL in android studio without the ipv4 address and just the server name instead?
Thanks in advance.