I have a problem with Windows Updates on Windows 10 machines.
We use the Windows 10 Professional Version:2004 operating system. The updates handled by our WSUS server. (Windows Server 2019)
The latest cumulative updates (2020-06 - KB4557957,2020-07 - KB4565503) are failed to install.
In the windows eventlog there is an entry which tells you to: Package KB4565503 (or KB4557957) failed to be changed to the Installed state. Status: 0x80070005.
I've tried several solutions like:
- Windows Update troubleshooter
- SoftwareDistrubution folder rename, delete etc.
- Disable, remove antivirus software
- changing services startup (wuauserv,cryptSvc,bits,trustedinstaller)
- Update from Microsoft Update directly
- Manual download these updates from Microsoft Catalog and install
All of these method are failed.
The symptom is the following. After I reboot the computer it appears a black screen during boot time, nothing else.
The only solution is hard reset several times and if I have luck the updates will be rolled back.
In our system there is a GPO which disable USB drives automatically.
If I create a computer object in AD and deny this GPO before I put a new computer into the domain, the updates will be installed successfully through WSUS.
If I just do this the normal way the GPO applied the updates are failed to install.
Any helps appreciated.