I have a long standing IIS 7.5 box that suddenly stopped working mid morning today. Something has obviously changed but I have been unable to determine what and would appreciate any suggestion.
All of the sites on the IIS server have started returning the same error page when viewed locally - HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it.
The server has a number of web sites on it, mostly asp.net but there are some others.
Things I have tried (in no particular order) -
- Restarting the IIS Server
- Restarting the Windows Server
- Setting up a plain static html website
- Comparing applicationhost.config with the versions in the history folder
- Checking the handlers appear to be configured correctly (they do as fas as I can see).
- Added FX_schema.patch.xml as per Unrecognized element 'ProviderOption' when trying to use Powershell Set-WebConfigurationProperty
- Checked the server logs but can't see anything around the time this started.
I'm at a loss now for ideas so would appreciate any suggestions.