Our company is growing and I had to take down a DHCP scope one of my networks is on and add a new one. Scopes look like this:
- Old Scope: 192.168.1.0/24
- New Scope: 18.104.22.168/24
This was part of a network reorganization due to our growth and this network needed to move scopes. I built the new scope and and activated it and deactivated the old one. I changed the static addresses on our DNS servers and checked the DHCP is working. Now I restarted the 2 DCs that have DNS and DHCP and those records have updated in DNS. All the other computers that rely on DHCP for addresses are either not getting an address or are getting an address but the DNS records are not changing. Do I need to delete the old DNS records for the new ones to show up? Or is it supposed to be updating the DNS record?
DHCP settings for DNS shows:
- Enabled DNS Dynamic updates according to the settings below (Checked)
- Always dynamically update DNS records (Checked)
- Discard A and PTR records when lease is delete (Checked)
Some of the reservation machines get the address but when you check the machine they show DOMAIN (Unauthenticated). Is this also a DNS issue?