I'm new to website hosting. Today i registered a new domain name in Route53 and tried to connect my EC2 instance ip to it. I can notice that the domain name is moved from registration pending list to registered list, which seemed fruitful. So, I added the "A type" and "CNAME" records to the hosted zone. After all these steps, its not working as expected.
Please assist me. If I'm missing something please let me know.
Steps which I've Followed after Registering a domain name in Route53:
- Configured a static elastic IP for EC2 instance. (Its working)
- Created a new Route53- HostedZone for that domain.
- Two records where already there of type NS and SOA.
- I've added 2 more types A and CNAME.
- For A - domain name(xyz.in) and value (ip of EC2).
- For CNAME - domain name prefix (www) and value domain name(xyz.in)
- Finally saved the records.(Total 4 records)
In case if I'm missing something please let me know.