I am creating a Managed Instance Group in GCP. Below are my steps:
- Created a disk image from exiting Windows VM (name: app01)
- Created an Instance template with disk Image
- Created a Managed Instance Group from Instance template
As of now, everything works fine with Autoscaling option, it scaling out and in.
However, I have the below queries, not sure how to proceed:
- How the instance name assigned - I expect it to be unique - and yes it is. But when I logged in to instance and check hostname - its is name of the original image (app01).
- We are running with Private IP's and same was assigned - how do we ensure - instance joined with AD and unique server details are registered with AD. We need this, as our team needs to log in to machine using Windows credentials.
- As I am newbie, please clarify on this: as of now, with the same instance name (hostname) - I am seeing newly created VMs are part of domain controller and I am able to login with Windows credentials. Is this going to make issue in future? - do I need to explicitly add instance with unique hostname - or is it managed by Google internally?.
I understand that, need to use some script (sys-prep), please share some guidance on how to achieve this and what details (like access, AD credentials, etc) required to achieve this?
Thanks in advance.