I took a snapshot from one instance in an openstack and put the snapshot as image in another openstack deployment, then tried to run it on a flavor that has greater hardware than required. Everything seems to go smooth but I'm unable to login into the new instance. Any suggestions? where are the credentials stored in a snapshot?
- -> I have two Openstack deployments, say op1 and op2.
- -> I have an ubuntu 18.04 LTS instance snapshot in op1.
- -> I downloaded the snapshot from op1.
- -> I created an image of the snapshot in op2.
- ->In op2 I made a flavor to accommodate the instance.
- -> I booted it with the default network and security group.
- -> Everything seemed to go fine.
- -> Then the login screen appeared in the vnc console of the instance.
- -> I entered the snapshot username and password.
- -> It shows invalid/wrong username or password.
Now, I don't know where the credentials got lost. In my experience it should be stored inside the snapshot itself. Here is the guide I followed enter link description here