We need to enable pfSense ssh (port 22) access through the WAN interface to perform certain configurations using pfSense's terminal/console/shell.
Actions already taken...
- "Secure Shell (sshd)" has already been enabled via pfSense console option 14
14) Enable Secure Shell (sshd);
- We run the command
easyrule pass wan tcp any any 22to allow access to ssh (port 22).
- Using option 12
12) PHP shell + pfSense toolswe execute the commands...
$config['system']['ssh']['enable'] = "enabled"; write_config(); exec
$config['system']['enablesshd'] = "true"; write_config(); exec
- Using the option "Filter Logs" (10) we observed that calls to ssh (port 22) being blocked;
- Turning off the firewall with the command
pfctl -dwe can access ssh (port 22) normally.
IMPORTANT: We need enable access to sshd (port 22) through pfSense's terminal/console/shell.
PLUS: We know that access can be allowed through the gui (http/web gui), but we need this initial access to be allowed through the pfSense terminal/console/shell.
NOTE: We know that allow access via ssh (port 22) on the WAN interface is not recommended, but initially it is necessary for us.