- access only via SSH (no physical access, no KVM)
- a netboot OS (Debian/Jessie)
- 3 x 2T HDD
- 16G RAM
ZFS pool with the local HDD and install Debian on a ZFS root, the netboot OS is missing packages to install ZFS via
apt, that's why I want to boot a Live Debian.
- I installed
apt) and the plethora of options confuses me (I am discovering it). My most advanced attempt is this:
qemu-system-x86_64 -curses -net nic -net user -m 1024M -drive file=/tmp/11-live-amd64-std.iso,media=cdrom -boot c
-curses option gives a correct result with an install iso, when the
640 x 480 Graphic mode message appears, I use
<esc> to access the
boot: menu of
grub and I pass it the
install vga=normal fb=false options and it goes (screenshot)
But with the Live iso, it doesn't work (screenshot)
These are my questions:
- Did I miss any
QEMUoption(s) to display the output that is not supposed to be graphical with this standard iso?
- Do I need to configure my live iso with (e.g.) a GRUB in console mode?
- Will I not be able to configure the port forwarding of
QEMUto access the console via SSH or telnet?
- Is there any other solution (without
Thanks in advance