I need to connect to a VPN, but I am not an expert on the subject at all, so if anyone can help me, I would appreciate it.
I was given the following data, telling me that this info is for a "Cisco config in native mode". I am going to paste literally the words in the email:
- Dedicated public IP: it shows an IP which ends on 9. I don't really know what is this for...
- Remote: it shows a domain name. If I check out its IP, I get the same IP as the one written in "Dedicated public IP", but ending on 1. Is this the gateway?.
- PSK: OK, it shows a pre-shared key, but I don't have field to write it in.
- Group name: the group name.
- User: an username.
- Password: the username's password.
I am using Kubuntu. With this data, someone who knows about this, which VPN should you choose in the network manager?
If I select Cisco AnyConnect Compatible VPN (openconnect), I can fill in Gateway, CA Certificate, Proxy, User Certificate, Private Key... but no PSK, no group, no user, no password.
If I select Cisco Compatible VPN (vpnc), I can fill in Gateway, User name, User password, Group name, Group password (I was not given this)... Almost, but no PSK.
The left VPN types ask for other pretty different fields.
The only VPN type I find which gives me the chance to fill in a PSK is the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), in its advanced settings, but I can't specify other data, like the group.
Can anyone give me a clue on how to do?