stackoverflow points me "belongs-on-serverfault" on this, so crossposting.
I am frustrated of not having a good Linux GUI administration and development tool for PostgreSQL.
pgAdmin III is buggy and unusable piece of... hmm, software, compared to Windows-only PostgreSQL Maestro and EMS PostgreSQL manager.
phpPgaAmin does not looks promising.
EMS PostgreSQL manager can work under Wine, but such setup have a number of issues.
- Table data editing and browsing for large tables (1M+), able to jump by FK or some master-slave editing, GUI filtering and so on.
- ER diagrams with in-place schema editing
- Schema editing and browsing with all useful GUI support
- Schema changes log to put into DB versioning (migrations script).
- Tabbed interface to be able to work with a number of tables and SQL queries at once.
And so on.