I am trying to configure our web server (RHEL 5.4 x86) to connect to an Oracle database using unixODBC. I have installed unixODBC-2.2.11-7.1.1, which yum tells me is the latest version. I have also installed the Oracle InstantClient 11.2 and the Oracle InstantClient ODBC library.
I have symlinked the all the .so files in
/usr/lib. I have set
$TNS_ADMIN to the directory containing my (valid) Tnsnames.ora file. Here are the contents of my
[Oracle] Description = Oracle ODBC Connection Driver = /usr/lib/libsqora.so.11.1 Setup = FileUsage =
[Oracle] Application Attributes = T Attributes = W BatchAutocommitMode = IfAllSuccessful CloseCursor = F DisableDPM = F DisableMTS = T Driver = Oracle EXECSchemaOpt = EXECSyntax = T Failover = T FailoverDelay = 10 FailoverRetryCount = 10 FetchBufferSize = 64000 ForceWCHAR = F Lobs = T Longs = T MetadataIdDefault = F QueryTimeout = T ResultSets = T ServerName = //<host>:<port>/<db> SQLGetData extensions = F Translation DLL = Translation Option = 0 UserID =
(ServerName has been edited...host, port, and db are actually there, and correct)
When I run
isql I get
$ isql -v Oracle isql: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libsqora.so.11.1: undefined symbol: SQLGetPrivateProfileStringW
And running dltest gives me
$ dltest Oracle SQLConnect [dltest] ERROR dlopen: Oracle: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
If anyone has any insights I would be grateful, I've been trying to get this to connect for about 5 hours now...
I am going home for the night, but will gladly provide more details, if necessary, tomorrow morning, to anyone willing to help...