I accidentally restored a SQL Server 2008 database with a wrong backup. Is there any way to undo this and restore to previous version?


1 Answer 1


No. You've replaced what's there with your restore. You would have to treat this the same as someone dropping your database - go to the most recent full database backup you have and then restore all subsequent log backups.

Sorry... you probably have that sick feeling right now. I feel bad for you.

  • it's on a windows 2008 server. any chances of retrieving a lost file?
    – Vivek
    Apr 5, 2010 at 1:09
  • Nope, sorry....
    – Rob Farley
    Apr 5, 2010 at 1:49

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .