Possible Duplicate:
Can you help me with my software licensing question?

I've Windows 2003 SBS and 40 CAL licenses for SBS. I also have Microsoft Exchange 2007 license for 2nd server which acts as front-end for Exchange (outbound/inbound emails come thru it and OWA works on it).

Does it require separate CAL's for Exchange 2007 even thou SBS has all mailboxes etc?

marked as duplicate by Skyhawk, Shane Madden, mailq, user9517, Mark Henderson Nov 13 '11 at 0:40

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.



While SF can give you a decent idea, and more often than not a very good answer, the best place to ask these types of questions is to ask you licensing representative from Microsoft.

If i'm remembering my conversation with our rep a year ago or so, the answer is no you don't need 2x the cals.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.